Taktyka i Strategia - Forum Strona GłównaTaktyka i Strategia - Forum Strona Główna

To forum wykorzystuje pliki cookies do zapamiętywania spersonalizowanych preferencji.
Ustawienia dotyczace plików cookies można zmienić samodzielnie w przegladarce internetowej.
Szczegóły na stronie Ministerstwa Administracji i Cyfryzacji.

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
English translations
Autor Wiadomość
IrishBouzouki
Kadet

Wysłany: Czw 19 Mar, 2009   English translations

I am interested in the following games if they are translated to English:

Bitwy II wojny światowej 1943-1945
Falaise 1944 (B-35 series) with any extra scenarios
Kircholm 1605
Wieden 1683 with the expansion Parkany 1683

maybe also Śląsk 1939 (W-39 series) - how far East does Śląsk extend? Enough to cover the 10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade in the first week of the war?

Except for Kircholm which has a nice review, there is not a lot of information on these games available in English, and the game descriptions on the website are in Polish only, but what little I have seen in English has me very interested.

Thanks,
John

Mardok
Chorąży

Wysłany: Czw 19 Mar, 2009   

Hi John,

W-39 series are translated into english. The game Śląsk has its extension from Tarnów to Rzeszów and San river so you can cover about two weeks of 10th Motorized Cavalry Brigade route.

I don't know about translation in Kircholm and Wiedeń games.

About B-35 series i know that there was some translation to the rules.
"WZ" - publisher will answer your questions

Best regards

Mardok

IrishBouzouki
Kadet

Wysłany: Pią 27 Mar, 2009   Re: English translations

IrishBouzouki napisał/a:
Falaise 1944 (B-35 series)
Śląsk 1939 (W-39 series)

Okay, these all supposedly have English rules. I attempted to order these on the website here. Very difficult for me as the store front is all in Polish, but I had a translator program to try to help me so I tried to make my through it.

I have a feeling you (the game company) will need to email me at the address left with the order to arrange the payment, and explain shipping cost, as it is very difficult to figure out how to pay on the website, or if in fact it is even possible to pay from or ship to the USA.

But I hope it can be done!

Thanks.

Kragdob
Major

Wysłany: Sob 28 Mar, 2009   Re: English translations

IrishBouzouki napisał/a:
IrishBouzouki napisał/a:
Falaise 1944 (B-35 series)
Śląsk 1939 (W-39 series)

Okay, these all supposedly have English rules. I attempted to order these on the website here. Very difficult for me as the store front is all in Polish, but I had a translator program to try to help me so I tried to make my through it.

I have a feeling you (the game company) will need to email me at the address left with the order to arrange the payment, and explain shipping cost, as it is very difficult to figure out how to pay on the website, or if in fact it is even possible to pay from or ship to the USA.

But I hope it can be done!

Thanks.

As I wrote in second post. You can order and get any info/answer (before you order) by contacting Wojciech Zalewski (wzalewski@o2.pl).

On this forum we can provide you with further info/clarifications/answers to your questions that may arise for game setup or rules.

IrishBouzouki
Kadet

Wysłany: Wto 31 Mar, 2009   

Thanks, I heard from WZ and figured out the international ordering procedure.

I am getting interested, some day, in the rest of the games from the W39 series, especially if you can link them all together for a huge 1939 campaign game?

And, maybe even more interesting (and sooner)... I would like to know if the following game is also translated into English...
Warszawa (Wołomin) 1920

It uses the W39 series rules but is a separate topic so I was not sure. The store website does not say "English rules inside".

I have read (in English) Norman Davies' "White Eagle, Red Star" and I have had Issac Babel's "Red Cavalry" sitting on my night stand waiting for me to start it for a while.

Kragdob
Major

Wysłany: Wto 31 Mar, 2009   

IrishBouzouki napisał/a:
I am getting interested, some day, in the rest of the games from the W39 series, especially if you can link them all together for a huge 1939 campaign game?

Yes, you can link them and play whole German invasion. Maps cover all Western Poland to Vistula river. Such game gives both German & Polish player (I would say teams) ability to coordinate centrally defences,reinforcements and auxiliary units.

We played such 'big game' several times and it is really something (just see the 10 (or even more?) maps connected together with all counters on it :)

IrishBouzouki napisał/a:
And, maybe even more interesting (and sooner)... I would like to know if the following game is also translated into English...
Warszawa (Wołomin) 1920

It uses the W39 series rules but is a separate topic so I was not sure. The store website does not say "English rules inside".

You can, but game has many specific rules so you would lost some of the flavour.

Unfortunately for this one there is no translation...

knothead
Szeregowy

Wysłany: Nie 12 Lut, 2012   Kosowe Pole 1389

Roman posted on boardgamegeek.com in January 2011 that there was an English translation for the Kosowe game? Is this true? If so, how could I obtain a copy?

Wojciech Zalewski
Generał (wydawca)

Wysłany: Nie 12 Lut, 2012   

We have tranlation rulles for:
Polska 1939
Grunwald 1410
Kosowe Pole 1398
Legnica 1241
Moskow 1941
Budziszyn 1945
Kursk 1943

Kragdob
Major

Wysłany: Pon 13 Lut, 2012   Re: Kosowe Pole 1389

knothead napisał/a:
Roman posted on boardgamegeek.com in January 2011 that there was an English translation for the Kosowe game? Is this true? If so, how could I obtain a copy?

If I missed you somehow please send me your email address.

knothead
Szeregowy

Wysłany: Nie 26 Lut, 2012   English Translations Posted

With Wojciech's permission, I sent the available English translations to Alan Poulter at grognard.com. Many English speakers should see the translations on the site and hopefully it will spread interest in your games.

Kragdob
Major

Wysłany: Nie 26 Lut, 2012   Re: English Translations Posted

knothead napisał/a:
With Wojciech's permission, I sent the available English translations to Alan Poulter at grognard.com. Many English speakers should see the translations on the site and hopefully it will spread interest in your games.

It's always welcomed :)

knothead
Szeregowy

Wysłany: Pon 27 Lut, 2012   

It's the main board wargaming web site for English speakers, so I hope that many of them will see the translations and notice the large number of interesting topics for which you have games. For example, the Kosovo Field game is the only boardgame on the subject. I noticed that Aaron Leeder at Noble Knight Games (nobleknight.com) is selling your games. Maybe some new dealers will become interested.

Odpowiedz do tematu