Taktyka i Strategia - Forum Strona GłównaTaktyka i Strategia - Forum Strona Główna

To forum wykorzystuje pliki cookies do zapamiętywania spersonalizowanych preferencji.
Ustawienia dotyczace plików cookies można zmienić samodzielnie w przegladarce internetowej.
Szczegóły na stronie Ministerstwa Administracji i Cyfryzacji.

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  AlbumAlbum  DownloadDownload

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Trying to understand Terrain Influence in Polska 1939?
Autor Wiadomość
Martimer
Kadet

Wysłany: Sob 12 Mar, 2011   Trying to understand Terrain Influence in Polska 1939?

I think I might have the combat system worked out, but I am unclear about how combat actually works with terrain influences. Please tell me if this is correct or where I went wrong.

Assuming I did not overlook some rule about Slovakian/German cooperation:

Slovakian HQ Bernolak (+1/0) and Arm S (4 CF) in Zakopane (Hills with a Forest border) and a 1 FF

along with

Slovakian 1 Inf (12 CF) and German 4 Arm (19 CF) in Namestów (Hills) and a 1 FF

attack the Polish 1 KOP (4 CF) in Nowy Targ (Hills with a Forest border to Zakopane) and a 2 FF.

Axis CF are 4 +1 +12 +19 = 36 vs 4, thus using the 32 line as a base. (I know about the 32 CF limit per border and no Swamps were crossed in this example.)

The shifts are where I get baffled quickly.

I THINK the Poles get 1 (Forest), 1 (Hills) and 2 (FF), thus 4.

I THINK the Axis get 1 (FF), 1 (Hills) but not the 1 (Forest) for the HQ stack since it is less than half the total CF for this attack (I inferred that from the FL rules), thus 2. The bomber attack was Ne Effect so I am safe from trying to figure where the +1 would be assigned.

I do not know if the Terrain Influences are all added together or each side gets only one Area bonus plus one marker bonus (from the FF or FL, etc.). What happens if an FL is built in an area with a FF?

So I am guessing the 'net effect' is two shifts down.

So the Axis player (my left hand) rolls 2d6 on the 19-22 Combat Result Table (from the rules, I do not know why the map version is so different). This is the 31-40 line, shifted down 2 for rows for terrain influence. The result is a D1 (I rolled an '8').

Next come the losses. I get completely lost here! I THINK the attacker and defender each roll once for losses. Attacker applies ONLY the (cumulative) defender Terrain Influence in the defender's area. Defender applies ONLY the (cumulative) Terrain Influence in the attacker's area. The Terrain Influence includes all FF/FL bonuses.

So, my left hand rolls for losses inflicted on the Polish 1 KOP on the 25-28 line (36 with 2 down shifts), getting '1' (rolled another '8'). My mighty right hand rolls on the 9-12 line (4 shifted up 2) for a '-' result (three '8' in a row, which is odd but believable).

1 KOP refuses the retreat and takes '1' (the 2FF allows this).

Do I understand correctly? Help?

Thanks,

Marty

Kragdob
Major

Wysłany: Nie 13 Mar, 2011   Re: Trying to understand Terrain Influence in Polska 1939?

Martimer napisał/a:
Assuming I did not overlook some rule about Slovakian/German cooperation:

Slovakian HQ Bernolak (+1/0) and Arm S (4 CF) in Zakopane (Hills with a Forest border) and a 1 FF

along with

Slovakian 1 Inf (12 CF) and German 4 Arm (19 CF) in Namestów (Hills) and a 1 FF

attack the Polish 1 KOP (4 CF) in Nowy Targ (Hills with a Forest border to Zakopane) and a 2 FF.

Axis CF are 4 +1 +12 +19 = 36 vs 4, thus using the 32 line as a base. (I know about the 32 CF limit per border and no Swamps were crossed in this example.)

I assume this is some example as 4 ARM is setup in Kluczborek and it looks very strange for me to see it attacking from Namestów. (or you mean 4 LARM or 2 ARM?)

For COMBAT TABLE your base line is '31 - 40'.

Anyway so far you are OK.

Martimer napisał/a:
I THINK the Poles get 1 (Forest), 1 (Hills) and 2 (FF), thus 4.

CORRECT.

Martimer napisał/a:
I THINK the Axis get 1 (FF), 1 (Hills) but not the 1 (Forest) for the HQ stack since it is less than half the total CF for this attack (I inferred that from the FL rules), thus 2. The bomber attack was Ne Effect so I am safe from trying to figure where the +1 would be assigned.

Attacker receives no terrain modifier - only defender's ones are accounted for in the combat.

So you do not count Axis terrain modifier in the example.

Martimer napisał/a:
What happens if an FL is built in an area with a FF?

FL is always on the map - you do not build them. It is unnecessary to build FF on field with FL since you always get at least FF bonus (when attacked from the rear).

I've seen FF put on the map anyway in order not to forget about 2 shifts from FL in the heat of the battle :)

Martimer napisał/a:
So I am guessing the 'net effect' is two shifts down.

As per above - this combat is affected by 4 shifts (due to defender's terrain).

Martimer napisał/a:
So the Axis player (my left hand) rolls 2d6 on the 19-22 Combat Result Table (from the rules, I do not know why the map version is so different). This is the 31-40 line, shifted down 2 for rows for terrain influence. The result is a D1 (I rolled an '8').

COMBAT table in the rule book is expanded so please refer to that one.

'31 - 40' shifted down 4 rows (you land in '13 - 15' row) gives D1 for rolling an '8'.

Martimer napisał/a:
Next come the losses. I get completely lost here! I THINK the attacker and defender each roll once for losses. Attacker applies ONLY the (cumulative) defender Terrain Influence in the defender's area. Defender applies ONLY the (cumulative) Terrain Influence in the attacker's area. The Terrain Influence includes all FF/FL bonuses.

You roll twice for losses:
=> defender rolls for attacker's losses
=> attacker rolls for defender's losses

BOTH of them use 4 shifts due to defender's terrain CMs. The difference is that defender shifts up while attacker shifts down.

In your example:
=> for attacker's losses:
Defender's strength is 4, so base row is '3 - 4' after applying 4 shifts UP the final row is '17 - 20'. Defending Player rolls 2 dices and checks attacker's losses in this row.

=> for defender's losses
Attacker's strength is 36, so base row is '33 - 36'. After applying 4 shifts DOWN the final row is '17 - 20'. Attacking Player rolls 2 dices and checks defender's losses in this row.

Martimer napisał/a:
So, my left hand rolls for losses inflicted on the Polish 1 KOP on the 25-28 line (36 with 2 down shifts), getting '1' (rolled another '8'). My mighty right hand rolls on the 9-12 line (4 shifted up 2) for a '-' result (three '8' in a row, which is odd but believable).

As per above both sides looses 1 SP.

You can believe or not I had once 5 rolls of '12' in a row :)

Martimer napisał/a:
1 KOP refuses the retreat and takes '1' (the 2FF allows this).

FF allows this.

Final result of your example is:
Axis loose 1 SP, Poles loose 2 SPs but stop German advance.

Hope I clarified.

Martimer
Kadet

Wysłany: Nie 13 Mar, 2011   

Yes, much clearer. Thank you.

Sorry I missed the part about only the defender terrain has any effect. That would have made things clear to me.

Odpowiedz do tematu